Home Forums Surfcoastwombat’s MSA Forum Falling with MSA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Hasty

My dad was diagnosed with msa-c in October 2013 after a series of misdiagnosed issues. He turned 67 years old in June. He literally moves and acts as if he is 87. Understand in what he says is difficult. Some days it is better but most of the time it is a challenge. Falling is a major issue with him. He has fallen several times in the last 9 months. It is certainly heartbreaking watching a man of his age deteriorate so quickly.

kathy fahey

Hi chuck, sorry to hear about your dad , my husband has msa-c also and he is the same age as your dad, its hard on the family to watch someone they love suffer with this terrible disease,my husband has got the lot balance, speech, difficulty swallowing, and constant hiccup type sounds and cough a lot
    and a few other things i wont mention poor darling ,but we must keep smiling for them and keep there morale up,all the best to you and your family
    kathy

Barbara Carne

Hi chuck, My husband has the same, physio has helped with his balance with exercises each day.

Debbie Templeton

Hi Chuck,

Truly sorry to hear about your dad… My hubby is 43 and gets around like a 90 year old, truly devastating, He takes 6-8 tablespoons of coconut oil per day and this helps with his balance… He is also having a teaspoon of Himalayn rock salt per day, this is helping with his pain, also remedial massage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.