Home Forums Surfcoastwombat’s MSA Forum Are stem cell trials worth trying?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eldin

I am 31 years old guy suffering from MSA. I read about all those people who are suffering from this terrible disease each day. It breaks my heart to know that my end will be so painful. Some things in life we can overcome, but when death is facing you nobody can bear the pain. No one understands the pain. I was just researching on the Stem cell trials in Mayo clinic. I just wanted to know if they are worth trying ? I don’t want rest of my family to suffer by pushing them into financial burden of my expenses. We are really poor. But I want to live. I am only 31 others have at least spent some life enjoying but myself I am dying at the middle of my life. Can you suggest based on your experiences if I can have hope of prolonging my life with stem cells treatment.

Gary

Hi Eldin,

I think even Mayo would say that stem cell research is very experimental. It has been practiced in other countries for years, with no documented dbl blind studies. So beware, 10s of thousands of dollars can easily be spent on experimental therapies, but none have been shown to change the outcome for people with MSA.

Also (you didn’t ask) it is very unusual for someone with MSA to be diagnosed with MSA at 31. Do you have a second opinion from some who has experience diagnosing and treating this rare disorder?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.